Tokyo Japan, Oct 30 2013, Asahi Kasei Microdevices Corporation (AKM) had launched the AK09912,its lastest 3-axis
electronis compass for portable appliance, and sample shipments are under way.
AK09912C featuring lower driving voltage and lower current consumption in a package that offers footprint compatibility with the AK8963C.
Distinguishing features of the AK09912C are as follows:
(1) Silicon monolithic Hall-effect magnetic sensor with magnetic concentrator realizes 3-axis magnetometer on a silicon chip.
Analog circuit, digital logic, power block and interface block are also integrated on a chip.
(2) Wide dynamic measurement range and high resolution with lower current consumption.
Output data resolution: 16-bit (0.15 μT/LSB)
Measurement range: ± 4900 μT
Average current at 100Hz repetition rate: 1mA (typ.)
(3) Operating supply voltage:
Analog power supply +1.7V to +3.6V
Digital Interface supply +1.65V to analog power supply voltage.
(4) Device is worked by on-chip oscillator so no external clock source is necessary.
(5) Self test function with internal magnetic source to confirm magnetic sensor operation on end products.
(6) Built-in Noise Suppression Filter (NSF) keeps magnetic sensor output stable.
(7) Built-in temperature sensor to monitor the temperature while operation.
To obtain more information about the AK09912, please visit here.