Marantz's new A/V receiver features AKM's AK4458
AKM's Premium D/A Converter, the AK4458 has been adopted in Marantz’s New A/V receiver SR7010.
Asahi Kasei Microdevices Corporation’s (AKM) premium audio DAC the AK4458 has been adopted in D&M Holdings Inc.’s (Marantz) new A/V receivers SR7010 released on the 16th September 2015.
The SR7010 is a top-of-the-line AV receiver with a nine-channel amplifier and 11.2-channel processing capability. It even supports Dolby Atmos and DTS:X surround decoding for today’s latest 3D audio experiences.
The Newest Generation 32-bit D/A Converter
The newest generation D/A converter AK4458 was selected through extensive listening testing. This D/A converter provides detailed and clear sound representation with high S/N performance maintaining significantly less distortion. The integrated digital filter realizes high resolution natural sound with 32-bit sound processing.
115dB 768kHz/32-bit 8ch Next Generation Premium Multi-channel DAC Series
The AK4458VN is a new generation of premium 32-bit DAC, with 8-channels of AKM’s VELVET SOUND architecture that has been widely adopted by well-established high-end audio companies. This technology realizes fine sound details with its low-distortion architecture in addition to 32-bit resolution digital filter processing. The digital input supports up to 768 kHz PCM and 11.2 MHz DSD (Direct Stream Digital), suitable for high-resolution audio source playback. This premium multi-channel DAC series provides a simple and best solution to wide range of applications with a TDM interface and up to 8-channel variations.
● Dynamic sound play back with large amount of playback information:
- AKMs VELVET SOUND architecture is utilized.
- Low-distortion technology achieves industry’s best performance of -107dB as a DAC with 115dB S/N characteristic.
- OSRD (Over Sampling Ratio Doubler) technology greatly reduces out of band noise.
- IRD (Impulse Response Designed) filters are integrated with 32-bit processing to reproduces detailed natural sound.
- Five different digital filters types are selectable according to the user audio and system preferences.
● Supporting High Resolution Data
- The digital input supports up to 768 kHz PCM and 11.2 MHz DSD (Direct Stream Digital), recreating high-resolution sound that is as close as possible to the original acoustic source.
- It is suitable for high-resolution sound source playback that is becoming popular with Network Audio, USB DACs and Car Audio Systems.
● System Extensibility
2ch/4ch/6ch/8ch lineups provide best sound solution for the system. The digital input supports TDM (Time Division), realizing daisy chain connection. A multichannel playback system such as AV surround receivers and audio interfaces can be easily designed with these premium DACs.
● Maximum Sampling Frequency, Bit Rate: PCM768kHz, 32-bit / DSD256 (11.2MHz), 1-bit
● SNR: 115dB ● THD+N: -107dB ● Sound Color Digital Filter: 5types
- About "VELVET SOUND"
- VELVET SOUND™ is a brand concept of, “sound philosophy”, given to AKM’s new generation of audio devices and, “new architecture & core technologies”. A new circuit is designed to, “balance the amount of information and intensity”, and, “focus on the original sound”, to achieve rich musicality and high performance. This circuit contains specifications and features suitable for the high-resolution audio era.
- About "Audio 4 Pro"
- Audio 4 Pro™ products are designed for pro audio equipment, including mixing consoles, electronic musical instruments and sound effectors, meeting the highest sound quality standards of recording studios. Audio 4 ProTM products range provides world-leading performance with high quality sound, winning trust within professional audio industry.
* Information on this page is current on the date of press release.
* AKM, VELVET SOUND Logo™ and Audio 4 Pro™ are trademarks of Asahi Kasei Microdevices Corporation in Japan, Europe and the United States.
* Marantz and Marantz's Logo are the trademarks of D&M Holdings, Inc.
* Appellations, company names and product names on this page are trademarks or registered trademarks of respective companies.