The AK4438 is an 8-channel 32-bit DAC which corresponds to digital audio systems. An internal circuit includes newly developed 32-bit Digital Filter achieving short group delay and high quality sound. The AK4438 has single-ended SCF outputs, increasing performance for systems with excessive clock jitter. The AK4438 is ideal for a wide range of applications that demands high sound quality including Home Theater and Car audio surround systems. It is housed in a 32-pin QFN package, saving more board space.
● Dynamic sound playback with large amount of playback information
- AKMs VELVET SOUND architecture is utilized.
- By a low distortion technology, the AK4438 achieves -91dB distortion, the best performance in the field as a DAC that has 108dB S/N performance.
- Out of Band Noise is greatly reduced by OSRD (Over Sampling Ratio Doubler) technology.
- IRD (Impulse Response Designed) filters are integrated with 32-bit processing to reproduces detailed natural sound.
- Five different digital filters types are selectable according to the user audio and system preferences.
- The digital input supports up to 768 kHz PCM, recreating high-resolution sound that is as close as possible to the original acoustic source.
- It is suitable for high-resolution sound source playback that is becoming popular with Network Audio, USB DACs and Car Audio Systems.
● Low Power Consumption
The new device achieves low power consumption performance that is about 13mW per channel (AK4438VN: 102mW).
● System Extensibility
By adding 6ch and 8ch line-ups, AKM can provide the best D/A converter combination for audio amplifier for multiple audio applications such as audio amplifier for cars and AV receivers. The digital input supports TDM (Time Division Multiplexing) signals, realizing daisy chain
1. 8ch 32bit DAC
- 128 x Over sampling
- 32-bit High Quality Sound Short Delay Digital Filter
- Single-ended Output, Smoothing Filter
- THD+N: 91dB
- DR, S/N: 108dB
- Channel Independent Digital Volume Control (256 levels, 0.5dB steps)
- Soft Mute
- De-emphasis Filter (supporting 32kHz, 44.1kHz and 48kHz)
- I/F Format: MSB justified, LSB justified (16bit, 20bit, 24bit, 32bit), I2S, TDM
- Zero Detection
2. Sampling Frequency
- Normal Speed Mode: 8kHz to 48kHz
- Double Speed Mode: 64kHz to 96kHz
- Quad Speed Mode: 128kHz to 192kHz
- Oct Speed Mode: 384kHz
- Hex Speed Mode: 768kHz
3. Master Clock
256fs, 384fs or 512fs, 768fs (Normal Speed Mode: fs=8kHz ～ 48kHz)
256fs, 384fs (Double Speed Mode: fs=48kHz ～ 96kHz)
128fs, 192fs (Quad Speed Mode: fs=96kHz ～ 192kHz)
64fs, 96fs (Oct Speed Mode: fs=384kHz)
32fs, 48fs (Hex Speed Mode: fs=768kHz)
4. µP Interface: 3-wire Serial/ I2C bus (Ver 1.0, 400kHz mode)
5. Power Supply
- Analog Supply: AVDD = 3.0 ～ 3.6V
- In/Output Buffer: TVDD = 1.7 ～ 3.6V
>> Read more