The AK7451 is a 12bits angle sensor which detects the angular position of a magnetic field parallel to the IC surface with high speed tracking (up to 20,000rpm). The contactless angle sensor can be made by the simple construction containing small magnet and this sensor.
The AK7451 is able to output up to eight-pole UVW phase that improves versatility, realizing rotor position detection in DC brushless motor-driven operation without Hall ICs installation. The expansion of ABZ phase output resolution setting from 4 to 16 types enhances motor control usability. These key features enable to use for more various types of industrial equipment motors than conventional products.
A magmatic rotary angle sensor detects rotation speed and rotation angles by measuring the intensity of a magnetic field with the combination of magnets.
Owing to a magnetic field detection method, the sensor is tolerant of dust and oil spots comparing with an optical detection method type encoders. The AK7451 is housed in a small 16-pin SOP package. It is able to design a compact motor drive unit with the AK7451.
● Easy installation of a contactless rotary sensor with diametrically magnetized mono-pole magnets
- The AK7451 is a Si monolithic IC that is magnetic rotary angle sensor with a Hall element. It has higher resistance of axial misalignment by transverse magnetic field detection method using both a diametrically magnetized two-pole magnet and magnetic flux concentrator.
● Supporting High-speed rotational operation
- The AK7451 is able to track up to 20,000rpm operation by tracking servo system architecture and achieves 1.8μs output delay time.
● Programmable ABZ/UVW phase output
- A zero degree point setting function at arbitrary rotational location, rotational direction, 16 types of ABZ output resolution setting and 8 types of UVW output pulse number setting can be programmed with EEPROM.