- New Product Information -
* Information on this page is current on the date of press release.
* AKM is trademark of Asahi Kasei Microdevices Corporation in Japan, Europe and the United States.
* Appellations, company names and product names on this page are trademarks or registered trademarks of respective companies.
AKM releases 1.4 to 9V motor driver AK1019BEC
Asahi Kasei Microdevices Corporation (AKM) has released a 1.4 to 9V 2ch H-bridge motor driver that expands the drive voltage of a conventional product, AP1019AEC. The new AP1019BEC is capable of operating in lower voltage so that can support compact systems in a dry cell operation. In addition, the AP1019BEC shows an improved linearity during PWM operation. Thus, rotation of the compact stepping motor becomes smoother with less noise.
The AP1019BEC is ideal for a digital single-lens reflex/mirrorless cameras equipped with a lens that adjusts the zoom and aperture while shooting video, a home security camera that can pan, tilt, and zoom while talking, or a communication robot with a driven joint part.
* AP1019AEC is an end of life product.
Motor driver sound is reduced from improving the linearity during PWM control
Drive frequency ranges to 1 MHz with the increase of switching speed, improvements include high linearity during PWM control, and reduced unevenness from rotation. Therefore, smooth rotation can be achieved even with higher motor rotation speed, but with less motor driving sound.
Built-in functions include Thermal Shutdown, (TSD), shoot-through current prevention, and Undervoltage Lockout (UVLO).
The AP1019BEC is housed in a 16-pin WLCSP, (1.96 × 1.96mm), package.